Kate Middleton is an international fashion icon in her own right blending designer one-offs with high street finds effortlessly. During the 2012 London Olympics, the spotlight shone on the Duchess of Cambridge more brightly than ever and Catherine did not disappoint her legion of fans stepping out in sensible and fashion forward ensembles at multiple Olympics events. Here’s a look back at Kate’s top ten dresses during the 2012 Olympics.
1. Sporting a perfect mix of formal and causal, Kate paired an official Team GB shirt with her favorite Smythe blazer and skinny jeans for the Eventing Cross Country Equestrian event
2. Kate attended the Quarterfinal of the Men's Singles Tennis match where she paired her favorite Smythe blazer with a stunning blue dress by Stella McCartney.
3. For the swimming finals session at the London Olympics, Kate chose to recycle her beloved scarlet Zara blazer though she paired it with a black polka dotted white dress.
4. Catherine’s choice of a full-sleeved belted satin Christopher Kane dress for the opening ceremony of the London Olympics showed off the Duchess’ conservative side.
5. Catherine attended the Show Jumping Event Equestrian in a pair of very skinny jeans, a nautical stripe top and her favorite Smythe jacket.
6. At an Olympics preview party, Catherine stunned onlookers and the fashion police alike by slipping into a playful yet appropriate Hobbs dress worth just $52.
7. For the Women's Hockey bronze medal match, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge wore a sporty white skirt and a Team GB top though the ensemble was given a stately appearance by her Stuart Weitzman wedges.
8. At the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympic Games, Kate Middleton was spotted wearing a patterned Whistles dress in blue and purple that made the duchess look ever so regal.
9. The Duchess of Cambridge wore an emerald pleated gown by Jenny Packham for the BOA Olympic Concert.
10. Throughout the Olympics, Kate was seen sporting Team GB shirts and jackets. Even when she welcomed the Olympic torch to Buckingham Palace before the Games officially commenced, she was seen wearing her own version of Team GB’s Olympic uniform. For the informal event, the Duchess wore a pair of skinny bright blue jeans with an official London 2012 Adidas polo shirt. The ensemble was finished with the pair of Stuart Weitzman wedges that Kate wore to several other Olympic events as well.