Here are 10 must-have items to get you runway ready - even if your version of the runway involves running a business, walking the dog and play dates instead of fashion plates.
1. Leggings & Tights: Leggings are the must have fashion item of the season. Leggings under a sweater is such a great dress code. One may choose black, charcoal grey and chocolate brown for winter, and lighter tones for spring and summer.
2. Flats: Your feet will be thankful to you for the gesture. Round-toe flats look great with leggings and tunics.
3. Tunics: Tunics are the perfect dress code for the busy woman as it doesn't involves a lot of mix-n-match. Tunics look great under cardigans as well.
4. Knits: Cozy and comfortable knits are bag in a big way. The oversized cardigans look so chic.
5. Structured Handbags: Slouchy bags and totes have paved the way for structured and beautifully constructed handbags.
6. Long Dresses: The relaxed silhouette is quite in so you can confidently sport anything that's long and baggy.
7. Ankle Bootie or Shoe-boots: Compliment your leggings with ankle booties, as they make you look taller.
8. Trench Coat: Trench coats are great for those sophisticated looks. They look classic and make a great layering piece at the same time.
9. Skinny Pants & Jeans: The ultra baggy top goes well only with skinny bottoms. So include a pair of skinny jeans as well as pants in your wardrobe, this year.
10. Belts: Compliment your sober outfits with chic belts. Thick, thin, embellishment...all is in this season.