Bracelet makes an essential accessory to be worn around the wrist. Many times, you have shopped for them, but if you are under a fashion emergency and need a funky and trendy bracelet right away, just look around, you might find the answer around the corner. Confused! Well, don’t be. Here's how you can make an eco-friendly bracelets out of trashed colorful plastic bags very easily and quickly.
1. Cutting the bottom strips
Cut across the bottom of your plastic bags (all different in colors and design) to take out the bottom seam. Now, cut off 11/2” thick strips across the width of each plastic bag you have chosen. Once you have cut all three same-sized strips, get ready to braid them.
2. Making the braid
Tie all the strips together and knot them at one end. Now, braid the strips according to the wrist size, but spare 1” for tying the ends.
3. Finishing the plastic bag bracelet
Tie the ends together and trim extra plastic off your bracelet. You can also add beads to your bracelet, but make sure to tie a knot with each set of braids you make. Your bracelet is done and you are ready to show off your eco-friendly fashion trend!
Frequently Asked Question
Q. I am planning to make a plastic bag bracelet for my friend, but unfortunately I don’t know her wrist size. What should I do?
A. 8-9” is an appropriate length size. It fits just fine on most of the wrists.
1. To enhance the look of your bracelet, try to include different varieties of plastic bags with different color and design.
2. Apply different braiding techniques to add charms to your bracelet. Remember, the more personal touch and creativity, the better!
Things to watch out for
1. If adding glittering sparkles over the bracelet, make sure to evenly glue the bracelet to avoid irregularity in its polish.
2. Before cutting the strips, measure the size of your wrist and then cut all the strips in the same length.