Everybody wants a perfect pair of jeans but buying a good fitted jeans is always difficult and a tedious task. Often jeans do not fit to every body type and finding best fit jeans in stores is in itself an achievement. But if you are tired and want to make your own jeans by adding personal style and a fit, then check out some simple instructions to make jeans.
Complexity Level: Moderate
Time Required: 2-3 hours
1. Get the denim or the jeans fabric: Choosing the right color and shade fabric is very important. The pattern of the fabric should suit you. It must have all the things what you are looking for.
2. Measure your body size: The next very important thing is to measure your body size (length and waist size) and then compare the size of the denim you have. It may differ a lot.
3. Cut out the jeans: According to your body measurement, cut the denim pattern. Ensure that you have cut in keeping the fabric guidelines. At times, the denim pattern comes with many styles to make using the same pattern.
4. Wash before sewing: Try to wash the denim before sewing or customizing. At times, the fabric may shrink or loose and it helps you to know the denim type.
5. Iron the pattern: After washing, iron the fabric to get the perfect fit and cut. It is always wise to iron before cutting.
6. Buy threads and zipper: Buy matching thread and a good quality zipper for your jeans and other items to customize the jeans for enhancing the style.
7. Adjust the size: Check out for the size of the jeans mainly the length, short or long according to the pattern and measurement. Always keep enough margin in case you want to adjust in future too.
8. Pin jeans pattern: Place or aligned the fabric correctly and then pin the pattern to the fabric and cut out each pieces nicely and safely.
9. Sew the jeans: After cutting each pieces put them together and sew by following the pattern directions.
10. Try jeans: When sewing is complete it is always recommended to try the jeans. You can further customize and make it more funky and stylish. You can also add extra pockets, zippers, patches and badges to give your own personal look to the jeans.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. From where can I get the best pattern for jeans?
Always do a little market research for buying a pattern and look for your body type. Go for the color and shade that suits you.
2. How do I make boot cut jeans?
To make a boot cut jeans, follow the above instructions carefully. Buy a denim fabric, measure your body size and the pattern size. Lay out the design pattern on the fabric. Cut each piece accurately and adjust the size. Boot cut is broader at the end that is why it called a boot cut jeans. Pin jeans pattern and then sew all the pieces together. Now try your boot cut jeans.