Here are some tips on how to wear smock dresses to avoid looking like a pregnant lady:
1. Be sure to wear high heels if you are layering over jeans.
2. Select the right tunic for your body. It might be a bit tricky if you have a prominent bust. Choosing the right dress, however, helps to draw attention away.
3. Avoid prints unless you are young and slim. Plain tunics are far more flattering.
4. Try to conceal bulges with less voluminous, straight-cut tunics. The more fabric there is, the more it can seem you have to hide.
5. Voluminous dresses don't always make you look bigger. If cut well in the right fabric, they can be very flattering.
6. Smock dresses are best teamed with chunky heeled sandals or knee-high boots.