Have you ever thought of trying your hair style with floral hair accessories? In the market you will find different types of floral hair accessories that enhance your style in no time. Making floral hair accessories at home is not a difficult job. With the help of plastic or metal hair accessories and silk flowers, you can create beautiful floral hair clips which support you to have a great look in any of the formal parties. Kids generally prefer to wear different types of headband and clips along with their outfit and if you want to make it little extraordinary, you can upgrade the simple hair band and clips to a floral one.
Create some presentable floral accessories for your daughter that will coordinate with her outfit to make her look more gorgeous and beautiful. You can also gift them to your daughter's friends and they would cherish it forever.
Complexity level: Easy
Estimated time: 20 minutes
Cost: $10- $15
1. Select your choice of silk flowers:
First select the flowers you want to use in your floral accessories. You can buy loose flowers as well as use the flowers that are available in your home. If you are choosing the flowers that have a plastic stem, then snip the flower off from the stem with scissors or a sharp knife and take off the plastic piece that is available in the center of the silk flower.
2) Start beading the silk flower:
Place beads on the flower and fix it with the help of a needle and thread. When you are fixing the beads on the petals, ensure that your thread is of the same color as the petals. Otherwise it won’t match with the petals and can give an awful look. After threading the beads to the petals, make a knot at the end of the thread. Put another bead in the center of the flower and fix it with adhesive. Cut off the extra thread after the knot. You can put as many beads as you want but try to thread it nicely as it might get loose and come out from the petals.
3) Cover the center of the flower:
When you take the plastic piece from the center, it forms a hole in the flower. You can fix it with the help of adhesive and a gem stone. Apply adhesive dots and on that, place a button or gem stone and press it for sometime. Fix it nicely.
4) Place the silk flower on barrette:
Apply some dots on a metal or plastic barrette and fix beaded flowers on that. When you are placing the flowers, make sure to overlap the petals which will ensure to cover the top of the barrette.
Question: How can I make my daughter's elastic headbands look more appealing and stylish?
Answer: Often elastic headbands look very simple. Buying the floral one may cost you little extra. It is always better if you can make it in your home. Select some plastic or silk colorful flowers that will coordinate with the elastic band. Now first bead the flowers and with the help of a needle and thread, fix it to the elastic band. After fixing up, make a knot in the thread end and sniff off the excess thread.
1. If you want to share the job with your daughter, use white glue as this will save time and also will make your work easier.
2. You can also use paper flowers and foam balls instead of silk flowers.
3. Trace some flowers from your favorite fabric by pencil and cut out the flower with the help of a scissor. Use it in making floral hair accessories. This will cost you much less.
Things to be watch for:
1. If you are making floral hair accessories for kids, do not use small beads as they might tend to put it in their mouth and face choking hazards.
2. Do not use needle when you tend to make floral accessories with your kid as this might poke in your child’s finger. Glue can be the best option in this situation.