The term fashion includes the styles and practices that are popular and applies to foot wear, clothing, and accessories. The current trend followed in general by the people in society defines the current fashion trends. Most men have their suits for wedding and funeral purposes. Suits are also used widely for job interviews, as well. The day-to-day clothing for men includes jeans, khakis, the button-front shirts, and the widely used and liked cotton sweaters. Formal attires might be welcome while working, but being too formally dressed might be odd while interacting with many people during the course of one's job. And for those who work in private enterprises, which have dress codes for governing their employees' dressing, the corporate dress codes are to be followed.
Fashion is not a radar for many people. But following the dress codes can help you avoid an embaressing situation. Certain shoes can pair with only specific kind of trousers and various occasions have their own specific dress codes. You can always follow your personal style as well in a way that avoids raising any eyebrows. A few rules are given here for following the fashion guidelines, which have been generated by visiting the departmental stores and by searching web. These can be a good primer on basic men fashion.
2.Suits are generally made of wool or cotton- The high quality suits have more thread counts, but these are not very durable. The mid range suits are better for long term usage. The synthetic fiber suits should not be purchased. The salesperson can provide more information.
3.The bottom button of the suit should never be buttoned- The middle button can be buttoned on a three button jacket.
4. A gentleman always carries a handkerchief in his front breast pocket- Fold the handkerchief and place it in the front breast pocket so that only 1/4'' to 1/2'' of it is visible and sticks out. You can proffer it as per the need and can also wash it after use.
2. The buttoned collar shirts do not form the dress shirts- These type of shirts are sports shirts and should be worn with sports coats and jackets. The polo players often button down their collars to ensure that it does not flap over their face while the game is on.
3. No tie if unbuttoning your collar- A sloppy look is given if the tie is worn with an unbuttoned shirt. You can always wear a sports coat or suit without a tie.
4. The top button can always be unbuttoned if the tie is not worn- The third button is usually unbuttoned while attending disco nights.
2. Pants must touch the ground while the shoe is not on- The jeans shrink after washing and therefore can be a bit longer.
3. Having only one pleat- Pleats do not provide for a slim appearance. They pull out across you and can therefore even broaden your appearance. The pleat is used to maintain the crease, which is sown at the trouser front. The pants, which do not have that crease do not require the pleat as well. The pants having that crease only need a maximum of one pleat.
4. 1 to 11/2 inch cuffs for older men- A cleaner line is good for younger men. The older men can style with cuffs and can give a more experienced, sophisticated, conservative, and distinguished look to their personailty.
2. Wearing only leather shoes- The upper portion of the shoe must be of leather, though you can compromise with the soul. Anything not made of leather can be considered as a non-shoe.
3. Having more than one pairs of shoes in your closet, but not too many- The lace up dress shoe or the black oxfords, the slip on shoes or the black loafers can be kept, besides the athletic shoe. The Ox-blood or the burgundy shoes look good with any dress and the loafers can be substituted with the black or brown ankle high boots.
4, Shining shoes for better dressing- The suede, nubuck, or the distressed leather shoes look good on jeans and khakis. The shoes must shine with the suit, and shiny shoes go well with jeans also. The more dressier you are, the more shinier your shoes must be.
5. Shoes, which are of the same tone of the pant or even darker- You can wear black when you are in doubt. Brown shoes cannot be worn with black pants. The color tone of the shoe should be the same as the pant or even darker.
2. Matching the socks color with the color of the pants- A little lighter or darker can do. When in doubt, you can always wear a pair of black socks.
3. The tie should reach the belt- A tie which is not up to the belt length gives the look of a rube.
4. A money clip or a front pocket wallet- By using these, you will be able to avoid the wear and tear of the back pocket. It can give a classy look along with avoiding the pickpockets.
5. One affectation is allowed- You can have one affectation accompanying your dress. It can be a pocket watch, a class ring, a bracelet, an expensive wrist watch , or a fedora.
In fashion and in art, the emergence of style is by mastery of rules and not by their absence. By following these rules you will be able to express your personaility in a better way.