The geek chic style is back in fashion. Book worms who thought that fashion was not for them, can rejoice. Some of the bold and daring fashion designers have come up with top notch concepts to match your studious looking glasses and genius looks. Read on to find out more about this trend and how you can really get started:
The fashion trend: Geek Chic
The technologically gifted wonder kids and indie rockers have contributed greatly toward the geek chic; it is no longer out of fashion. Nerdy hipsters are coming back with revenge sporting a new geek chic style. The popularity of the vintage styles and the retro elements has assisted the growing trend with heavy plastic eyeglasses and other frumpy ensembles. These have helped to bring out the inner geek chic in many. For backbenchers who have forgotten to match their socks, the new trend is a boon and can mean a lot to the geek inside.
Girls looking for the geek chic style can choose to wear checkered trousers, super-hero T-shirts and trainers. Girly girls can choose to wear a pair of brogues and simple oversized glasses to get a geek chic look. If you are more fashion conscious, wear the cotton suspender chinos along with a sheer top and floral headpiece. For the night, you can actually go on an accessory splurge. Look out for high heels, glasses and statement necklaces. If you are partying and want to show some legs, shorts are adventurous. Add a bow tie for a personality lift. For an animal appeal add the leopard print glasses.
A famous celeb who sports the style: Anne Hathaway
Many celebrities are embracing the geek style. What was once considered as a taboo is now being heralded as a fashion statement even among the celebrities. Along with famous names like Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Johnny Depp and Buddy Holly, Anne Hathaway has boldly embraced the geek. Before the Oscars, Anne decided to sport the geek style which made her look really stunning. Her rocking eyeglasses were more than enough to show off her newly embraced style.
How to wear the trend?
You may need a couple of thing if you are really interested in sporting the geek style. Some of these include heavy plastic eyeglasses, short sleeve shirts, Jewelry that sports technology, T-shirts with text only understood by fellow geeks etc.
1. Always walk with confidence. Wear a special look and cultivate an expression that makes you look unaware of your surroundings. It should make you look as if you are not bothered by other's expressions.
2. Own your identity. If someone gives you a comment about a particular thing you are using or wearing, proudly acknowledge it.
3. You need to celebrate the geek heritage by explaining each accessory and parts of your outfit. Clearly state if one of these belongs to your parents.
4. If you are a man, your hair has to be messy as if you were in front of the computer whole day long with no time for looking into the mirror.
5. Short bangs can make your geek looks complete if you are a girl and have fair skin.
6. Avoid the sunlight because the tan make you look like as if you were living in an office surrounded with computers.
7. Always keep in touch with fellow geeks to know about the latest trends and styles. Shop often to get your button down shirts.
While it takes a lot of confidence to see that you get your geek style, you need to be very careful about not getting it wrong. Follow the latest fashion trends and get a lot of tips from your geek buddies. Given below are some simple precautions that you have to remember to maintain your geek look.
1. Never forget your glasses. Your heavy and big plastic glasses are your ticket to ‘geek-hood.’ So avoiding them will make no sense to your fashion statement. Pair it up with almost all kinds of geek clothes for a perfect finish.
2. Matching is important. Never mix up clothes. You need to have matching attire and a pair of good shoes. Hygiene is also a part of geek culture.
3. Avoid overdoing things. Most often people try to overdo dressing by wearing way too many accessories and clothes. If you are not sure about the right clothing, it is better to keep it simple and get the genius look. Work up your confidence levels; wear a good pair of shoes and new trousers for a complete geek look.