Hat is a fashionable accessory that looks nice with a matching outfit. It gives you unique and different look with the matching outfit. If you have a little knowledge of sewing then you can make your own stylish dressy hat, that can suit your matching outfit and personality. It is the perfect shield to protect the face from the scorching heat of the summers. Just go ahead and make a classy hat on your own by following the below given tips.
Complexity level: moderate
Time required: 1 hour.
1. Choose a matching hat: choose a hat that matches your outfit or style. There are a number of hats available in the market that range from a simple circle of fabric to wide brims that shades the face. If you are puzzled with the patterns of hats then simply go through the book of hats and choose a particular pattern that fits your taste and makes you look glamorous.
2. Choose color and material: the next step is to choose the color and material. If you want to wear it with a specific outfit then buy the matching fabric that enhances its beauty. But if you want all-purpose dressy hat then use the neutral or bold color or even add a velvet or shiny material to give shiny appearance to the hat.
3. Measure the size of head: to make the appropriate size of hat measure the head and then follow the pattern of cutting the fabric and Sew the fabric pieces together in an arranged form to make a hat.
4. Select choice of ornaments: now select the ornaments that you want to add to the hat. Use little creativity and add ornaments in a beautiful pattern that you want on the hat, which suits your outfit and personality.
5. Use fabric adhesive and needle: use selected combination of fabric adhesive and thread to affix the selected ornaments to the hat. Most of the ornaments can be fixed by needle but some require glue as they cannot be affixed by the needle. Now, your dressy hat is ready and you can wear off to any place or event and surely become eyeballing of guest.
Frequently asked questions:
How to make a hat for summer wedding?
Summer weddings call for a straw hat and it is hard to find the right one that can match your outfit. You can make a hat for summer wedding on your own by using straw hat as a base. Straw hat is made of straw, silk fibers or raffia. Firstly, gauge the distance around the crown and brim of the hat. And, also measure height of the crown. Now, cut the fabric as per the measured length but cut the fabric one inch more in length. Lay the fabric right side down and bend the long strip of both sides to meet at the center. This will form a strip, which will be used to warp around the hat as a hat band. Fix one end of the strip with the back of the crown by glue and folded edges to the brim of the hat. And, the last thing to do is to wrap the fabric band and its edges around the hat with glue. Wit the helps of glue you can add ornaments or flowers to make it beautiful. Now, don’t wait, go ahead and enjoy the summer wedding with friends or family members.
1. Use matching thread and fabric adhesive to make the hat gaudy and stylish.
Things to watch out for
2. Avoid using of ornaments.