Gone are the days when neck ties were to be formally/informally worn around our necks. As fashion keeps changing with time so does the way of dressing. Here is a cool way to create a belt made of neck ties, which can add a funky flamboyance to your attire. Ties are available in a variety of patterns and colors, the only requirement is to blend it with your creativity. Here is a step by step guide to help you sail through the process.
1. 2 Neckties of unlikely colors and patterns
2. 2 Small safety pins – avoid larger safety pins as they are prone to come unfastened.
3. Scissors – recommended pair of scissors would be the sharp sewing and craft scissors.
4. A Measuring tape – avoid using a ruler.
1. Measure and Mark your Neck Ties
Focus: Locate the 2" mark.
Arrange one of the ties facing downwards on a flat surface and make use of your measuring tape to locate where the tie tapers down to 2” across. Mark this point from corner to corner with your chalk. Repeat the same procedure with the 2nd tie.
2. Cut the ties
Focus: Cut the ties
Use your pair of scissors to cut from corner to corner your chalk markings. Make use of sharp scissors and make use of large cuts to avoid fraying ends. After your ties are cut, place them together.
3. Positioning the Ties Together
Focus: Mark where you will pin up.
Squeeze in the two ties together, right-side inwards, lining up your cuts on one end. Both the ties from the backside should be facing extrovert. Now, it's time to attach the ties.
4. Connecting the Ties
Focus: Use small safety pins to hold the belt together.
Use to two safety to be assure about the security of the ties and then, open out the belt. Now you’re new belt is ready, so try it on to check its size.
5. Try on your Neck Tie Belt
Focus: Lace the belt from the side.
Clutch the safety pinned part of the belt on your right hip and lace the ends of the neck ties throughout your belt loops in the order of your front and back so that the loose ends appear out at your left hip. Tie the neck ties jointly and let the long, thin ends dangle down towards your leg.
Frequently asked questions
1. Question. How to assure yourself that the entire process is going right?
Answer. It can get a little bit confusing if the procedure is not followed accurately. Also, it can cause a damage to your ties. So, to avoid mishaps, first try on a demo of the procedure without actually cutting the ties and getting the entire process right and proper.
1. Give your new belt more vibrancy by accessorizing it with laces, studs, charms and bells hanging loose on the ends, and through many more endless options.
2. Also, instead of pinning your belt with safety pins, you can stitch it across for long lasting usage.
Things to watch out for
Neckties should be dry cleaned as they generally are not washer friendly. So make sure you don’t throw away your new belt in the washer, instead spot clean it when required.the