Everybody dreams of possessing a creation of fashion phenomenon Alexander Wang. This kid has taken the fashion business by storm and nothing is stopping him. His bags like his clothes are uber cool and extremely cosmopolitan. Imagine owning a clutch inspired by his original hip downtown style. The materials required to make this chic yet handy clutch can be gathered from the most improbable places like the Home Depot or Office Max.
It is quite a simple task to make an Alexander Wang inspired clutch. You just have to follow a few simple instructions and flaunt a flirty and stylish little bag by your side.
The entire task can be completed in a matter of fifteen to twenty minutes only. Maximum time taken is for the collection of the different provisions required. Once you have them all together, the remaining mission is to bring them together like a jigsaw puzzle and create an entirely exclusive little clutch, just like one of Wang’s designs.
Total cost of materials required
The best thing about trying this out is that it does not cost a dime. For a design motivated by the creations of one of the most upcoming fashion designers of the world, the DIY overheads is less than $30. Can you believe this!
1. Keep the folder in a face up position. Place a corner bracket on one of the corners in the base.
2. Make a dot in each of the holes with the help of your pen.
3. Now get your knife blade and use it to cut an X in each point. You have to be sure that the blade goes through all the tiers.
4. Do the same thing on the flip side of the same corner and place another corner bracket there. Lock it on the back with the help of the brass nuts. Press on the bolts front to back.
5. Do the same thing again on the other bottom corner.
6. Position flat brackets on the top cover and secure it utilizing the same steps as done earlier, but this time with the nuts being secured on the outside.
7. After all this has been done, the clutch is ready and waiting to be taken out to a grand party where people can really admire and envy it.
Frequently asked questions
1. Is it okay if I use this clutch as a small bag? I want to carry stuff in it and I want to carry it all around. But I doubt whether a leather folder can hold the entire load.
Of course you can use it as a teeny bag. Just affix a piece of chain with the help of a nut and bolt on both the sides of the flap and you can sling it around anywhere you go.
2. Will it really look like an Alexander Wang bag?
Take a look yourself after you make your little creation, the end result is awesome. I am sure you will get loads of compliments anywhere and everywhere you carry it. That’s a guarantee.
a. When you are cutting an X on the points marked. Make sure to cut through all the layers.
b. Secure the bolts properly on the nuts. You would not want your trendy little clutch to come out in bits, would you?