Winters can be so dull and boring. So, this year Fall Winter collection is trying to bring in some color. Heels are obviously still in fashion. But this year the designers have gone bolder, bringing colorblock heels that are colorful, playful and give vibrancy to even a dull look. So, if you want a bit of color, joy and punk in your outfits this winter, then colorblock heels are the way to go. They are stylish, trendy, feminine and seductive. The best part is that you can find it in innumerable styles and designs to suit your formal or informal attire.
The celeb buzz:
This trend was adopted by Hollywood celebrities after it was featured during several runway shows. Designers like Brian Atwood came up with cool, colorful and vibrant color block heels that gave inspiration to several other shoe designers to come up with something that adds spark to any outfit. Katy Perry was seen wearing incredibly cool and funky pair of color block heels during a recent award ceremony. Her yellow and pink color block heels with a dash of vibrant blue made her look cool and stylish, accentuating her playful personality.
Other Hollywood celebs went on to have a more subtle look with Jessica Alba sporting a simple purple and orange color block heels with a similar color gown.
Even the first lady, Michelle Obama, decided to try a cool pair of blue color block heels that looked well suited with her attire. Surely, the first lady is incredibly stylish.
What's in it for me:
For any female, these color block heels can spice up their routine, monotonous life. If you hate to wear dull, boring professional suits, then these color block heels can help you get rid of your boring attire. Animal prints on color block heels will make you look wilder and ready for a party. A colorful peep toe can be an excellent addition to your spicy attire. And if you feel that a normal heel is just not right during the wind, chilly day, then you can buy a color block boot to look gorgeous even in the cold. Stylists like Rodelle and Atwood have bought out some nice color block heel designs that can give you a totally different look. The mix and match between the colors is an excellent way to experiment with your looks this winter.
StyleGuru tips to wear the trend:
If you are ready to experiment and bring some refreshing changes in your dull wardrobe, then this winter you must try color block heels. But make sure that you follow these tips to look great.
1. Wear solid colors in case you are wearing something in black and grey. This will bring a unique contrast to your outfit.
2. Pair color block heels with your jeans for a relaxing and colorful feel. If you are going to try solid colors then remember that people are going to stare at you, particularly your feet. So, be confident enough to carry a new style.
3. Accessorize yourself really well. A great handbag with a pair of color block heels is a must. Keep your jewelry simple so that your shoes and heels could draw the required attention.
4. If you are afraid to try, then go for two blocks of colors. Like Michelle Obama, you can try a color block heel in 2 different shades of same color. But if you are ready to make a strong statement, then try something with more than two colors.
5. If you like to wear boots during winters, then you can try the color block look in your boots too. Buy a pair that includes at least two colors. A peep toe boot can make an excellent style statement. Look for contrasting colors or a mix of a dark and light shade. If you don't want a peep toe then opt for something which has lots of variety in color.
6. If you want to look glamorous then opt for a peep toe with two distinct, glossy colors. A slingback can be a nice addition to your party dress. Bold colors can add an extra 'oomph' factor to your look.
7. You can try color block heels with almost any kind of dress. You can pair it with office trousers or a pencil skirt, but don't go for bold colors in your professional attire. You can pair a slingshot with a nice short, flirty dress that accentuates your lovely legs.
8. Experiment as much as you want. But make sure that you carry all your looks with style. Consider different looks for a few seconds and try to pair the best ones together.
StyleGuru Recommended picks:
1. Miu Miu Color Block Ankle Boot
This one reminds us that black and brown can be paired together really well. These boots add hotness to your look and cost $835
2. Jorgue Tropic Teal
For initial experimenters, this color block heel in round toe pump with teal, brown and cream color is an excellent addition to your outfit. Priced for $129.
3. Latrice Colorblock Satin Point Toe Pumps
These shimmery satin point toe pumps from Kate Spade New York are glamorous and have a contrasting heel and bow. Available for $298.
4. Giuseppe Zanotti Crystallized Colorblock Platform Pump
These ones are shimmering addition to a flirty dress. The Bahaus inspired pump has electrifying colorful heels available for $1047.
5. Lita Platform Boot Leopard Color block
Display your wild side with these heels with fuchsia leather toe and wooden heel. This one is priced for $175.
So, what are you waiting for. Just go with the trend to look ultimately gorgeous!